What is UCPath?
UCPath is the University of California’s priority program, with the goal to implement a single payroll, benefits, human resources and academic personnel solution for all UC employees.
As the largest administrative project in UC history, UCPath will:
- Standardize payroll and HR processes systemwide
- Centralize certain HR/Academic Personnel and payroll transactional processes within the UCPath shared service center
- Replace UC’s 40-year old Payroll/Personnel System (PPS) with a single new payroll and HR technology system
UCPATH is an acronym for “UC Payroll, Academic Personnel, Timekeeping* & Human Resources.”
*Timekeeping is still under consideration for a later phase. The focus of the current phase is Payroll, Benefits, Absence Management, Compensation and Workforce Administration.*
For the latest deployment updates, visit ucpathproject.ucop.edu.
- With UCPath, UC is transforming human resources, benefits and payroll services for more than 200,000 UC employees.
- UCPath strengthens our foundation and ability to accommodate future growth while helping us achieve administrative excellence.
- We are changing the way we do business with upgraded technology, standardized processes and a shared service center.
- By unifying our efforts across the UC system, we can achieve greater efficiency and productivity.
- UCPath gives us greater operational freedom to focus on UC’s core mission of teaching, research and public service.
What is the UCPath Center?
The UCPath Center is the shared services hub for the UC system where payroll, benefits and HR information will be centralized to ensure that employees receive consistent, accurate job related information. UCPath Center staff provides individualized support to UC employees and is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except on UC holidays. Located in Riverside, CA, the UCPath Center building is Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certified. Twenty-five percent of UCPath Center staff has previously worked at other UC locations. To learn more, visit http://www.ucop.edu/ucpath-center/.